Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is it the same world today?

I do remember the days,
when I used to be a frequent visitor to a friend’s house.
I do remember the days,
when every season has something to mark its beginning,
I do remember the days,
when every quarter has some occasion to celebrate.

But….

I don’t remember the years passed,
to visit a friend’s house frequently.
I don’t remember the years passed,
For which the seasons ever changed.
I don’t remember the days passed,
I got the occasion to celebrate.

Is it the same world today which I do remember till today,
Or it is the world in which I don’t remember even a single day?

6 comments:

  1. very well said, you words remind me the poem narrated by female lead in Munna bhai ..
    We are losing ourselves and real pleasure in search of materialstics joys.
    Remember the day, when we freinds use to pull and get us a bottle of beer ... we use to fight to gulp more .. we feast on buns omlete/ samosa from roadside dhabas. Now we can easily walk into any pub restaurants, have anything what we want. but the fun is missing.
    Do we have a solution , can we reallly come out of this MAYAJAAL. I don't think so

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a solution, if we start thinking of making a social life as our parents or our previous generations have maintained. Hope we find out some time for ourselves, the day we get this, we will look back definately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about you guys but I am still enjoying my life in similar way. I think this mayajaal is made from our own choices,how we want to live.with whom...etc. As you urself say..its a MayaJaal....so it is all in our minds..it controls us...if we can try than we can control it...but as we grow up, there are lots of attributes like money,ego,family problems, job problems which cause us to change and become a slave of this mayajaal....but i wish u luck..and hope that one day you will also get out of this mayajaal...one tip...instead of calling your freind and talk ...go and meet him and spend good time with him not in a pub...but someplace which you think symbolises that dhaba

    ReplyDelete
  5. World is same but things changes around us as we grow. And changes are life.

    ReplyDelete